Establishing Order

Noise. My life is full of noise. Traffic, crowds, telephones ringing ceaselessly. Chaos. Daily I attempt to bring order to my life. I crave order. My role at work as a travel agent is to bring order to a system of chaos. The older I get the less I believe in good and bad, right and wrong, black and white. I believe in cause and effect. I believe in establishing a life of order. With order comes peace.

Peace. Weekdays are pleasantly monotonous. I have a routine. Fit snugly within this routine are a few simple, yet extraordinarily happy and peaceful moments. I love the moment I arrive home from work and see my family. It is a moment of release and relief. I love reading books to my daughter as she slowly drifts off to sleep for the night. I love sitting quietly with my wife for an hour or so before going to bed. I know this would not be everyone's conception of happiness. But, I would hope that most people are able to find a similar measure of peace in their lives.

Comments

Popular Posts