"Fasten Your Seatbelts, It's Going To Be A Bumpy Night"


I find Margo Channing's statement from "All About Eve" an appropriate way to title the first post on my experimental film blog. Not only is tonight the night of the 2009 Academy Awards, but this may be a rather rocky road to a blog that will, hopefully, be worth reading in the future. Admittedly the Oscars tend to be more on the boring (coma inducing?) rather than "bumpy" side of things. It is usually in the fourth hour of the program, while the Polish or Lithuanian or Latvian writer/director of the Best Documentary Short (a film invariably about a pre-pubescent, Down's Syndrome painter) is rapidly and loudly talking over the "wrap-it-up" music, thanking EVERYONE he knows; including the firm, yet gentle support of his partner Klaus, and the friendly, yet efficient service of Rhonda who served him a Double Quarter-Pounder with Cheese not 6 hours previous.

I say this blog may be a rocky experience because I would like to use this venue primarily as a way to sharpen my writing as I churn out reviews on as many films as I can possibly see in a year. As the big-screen outings increasingly wane (thanks to a certain toddler who is the star of another blog) I find myself watching films on television, or DVD. So, if my reviews are not all that current, please accept my apologies. I hope you are able to enjoy them, nonetheless.

I always welcome comments (and criticism) and hope to receive plenty of both as I continue on this celluloid journey. But, at this stage, I will just be happy with a few readers.

Without further ado, Here... we... go!

Comments

  1. I can't figure out how to become a "Follower".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure genius. Both you AND Matthew (for figuring out how to become a "Follower".

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts